New Gnome Photos September 20, 2013 12:46
With all the rain we've had mushrooms were springing up all over the place! what better inspiration for a gnome photo shoot could there be! Here's a few of the shots we got. We are felting away getting ready for the busy busy show season which begins in (gulp) 2 weeks. The ever present million dollar question remains - can we make enough stuff? Better get back to the felting, more to come.........
Holiday Shows November 28, 2011 17:00
Busy busy felting.....felted rings, sheep, birds (Jen?), jolly St. Nick, mini gnomes, and much more fresh off the felting pads! After a few weeks of rebuilding our stock we are ready for some holiday cheer. This Friday Going Gnome will be together with Soasa designs and Asia Luna at the Bard College Craft Fair in Annandale NY. Friday December 2 11am - 5pm.
Check out this great blog about the event and see some of the wonderful crafters and artisans that will be there....
After we leave Bard on Friday evening we head straight to Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School in Harlemville NY to set up for Saturday's Yuletide Fair. Saturday December 3 10am-4pm. This school holiday fair is a truly beautiful and festive occasion, complete with caroling and a gingerbread house gallery that is not to be missed! Plenty of crafts for the kids (they can make their own stained glass!) and a good time to get a jump on your holiday shopping.
The following weekend finds the Gnomes headed back to CT to the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School's Holiday Handcraft Fair, and then back to good old Great Barrington for the Holiday Stroll on Saturday December 10th!
But that's not all....Stay tuned for more information about our own last minute holiday BLITZ! details coming soon........
Top 10 reasons to own a Gnome: October 12, 2011 11:21
10.Gnomes bring good luck.
9. Gnomes will help care for your pets (except your cats whom they do not like!)
8. Gnomes like to party, and if you are lucky might invite you to join them.
7. Gnomes are a conversation starter (people invariably will ask why on earth you have a gnome in your house!)
6. Gnomes are good for your yard and garden - if you think you have a “green thumb” think again, and count yourself lucky that you have some Gnomes helping you out!
5. A Gnome is bound to make you smile (and really, who doesn’t need more excuses to smile?)
4. Of all the various types of wee folk, Gnomes are some of the easiest to co-habitate with.
3. There is really no good reason not to own a Gnome.
2. Gnomes are just so darn cute!
1. The #1 reason to own a Gnome - it keeps Going Gnome going!!!