Getting ready for NY Sheep and Wool October 10, 2011 12:42 1 Comment
Things we look forward to at the festival every year:
1. Seeing our booth neighbors (I need to restock on Heal my Hands)
2. Maple flavored cotton candy - It is white and looks exactly like wool batting - If I had a dollar for every person who sees us eating it and thinks we are eating wool I could go ahead and take early retirement!
3. Chicken pot pie! It takes a good hour wait in a VERY long line to get a pot pie, and often they run out before you get one, but they sure are worth it!
4. The parade of the fair goers woolly finest. You would be hard pressed to find a better sampling of fine knitted, woven, felted, and crochet goods being worn around in one place - it is truly inspiring.
5. Listening to the sheep bleating, seeing the llama parade, admiring all the wonderful yarns and wool goods for sale are just the icing on the cake!
6. And last but certainly not least, seeing customers form previous years, hearing about the things they’ve made with our kits and other adventures in felting, and meeting lots of new faces that are as charmed by gnomes as we are!
So, for now I better get back to my felting - 6 mushroom caps are staring me down and wondering when they will get their stems. I’m so excited for Friday’s set up, and the opening of the fair on Saturday. If you’ve never been you should really check it out, it is a great event!!!
Remember to stop by booth T in building 36 - look for the mushroom topped tent - it’s hard to miss....
Liv on October 14, 2011 14:14
Oh man! Reading all of the things that are so great about this fair are really making me sad that i am going to have to miss it this year. Enjoy it for all of us that can’t make it :)