Belsnickel Kit - 2018 - Limited Edition!
Create your very own Belsnickel!
Belsnickel is related to the companions of St Nicholas in the holiday traditions of southwestern Germany. He is described as a crotchety, fur clad gift-bringer, in the folklore of German speaking Europe, and is preserved in the Pennsylvania Dutch traditions today. More recently Belsnickel turned up in an episode of the Office, and was described by Jim Halpert as: "just like Santa, except dirty and worse!"
A note about our limited edition kits:
New Going Gnome kits debut annually at the NY Sheep and Wool Festival in October. Please plan accordingly as this is when limited edition kits will also become no longer available.
Skill Level: Intermediate (some felting experience suggested)
Kit makes one Belsnickel approximately 6” tall
This kit contains the following materials:
- Brown batting for Belsnickel form
- Brown, yellow, and green batting for clothes (hat, coat, pants, shoes, belt, and trim)
- Flesh tone batting for face and hands
- Natural curly locks for beard and hair
Piece of wire for glasses
- 2 felting needles
- Detailed instruction sheet
* You will also need a foam surface to work on. You can use a piece of upholstery foam, or a large sponge, or purchase one of our foam felting pads.
Foam Felting Pad LG.
kit dimensions 4" x 9"
**for all you fans of the Office out there here is Dwight's Pennsylvania Dutch Christmas